Teaching children how to use a dictionary will improve reading and writing, and help them become independent learners.
The award-winning Jolly Dictionary is designed to teach children how to look up and understand words they don't know.
Get involved in your children's learning and have fun along the way!
This is a very child friendly dictionary which has the following unique features:
* Over 6,000 age-appropriate words are included
* Carefully selected, vocabulary controlled words - easier for children to read and understand
* Beautifully illustrated throughout
* Frequent use of the Jolly Phonics characters: Snake, Inky and Bee so children enjoy using it and can relate to other Jolly Phonics that may being used
* Parts of speech are identified
* Colour coding breaks the alphabet down into sections to help with navigation
* Each double page spread contains an alphabet at the top to remind children of alphabetical order
* Simplified pronunciation guide
340 pages in full colour.
May be used in conjunction with other Jolly Phonics products or as a stand alone.
Level: Suitable for readers up to about 9 or 10 years. An excellent tool for helping with reading, spelling and vocabulary.
Suitability: Home, school or homeschool use
Also available: Many, many other Jolly Phonics products